Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Morning Glory Natural Bridge

At the end of Negro Bill Trail is Morning Glory Natural Bridge.

It is 243 feet long and separated from the cliff by only 15 feet, technically making it not an actual bridge, but rather a large alcove arch.

My initial reaction when reaching the bridge was actually slight disappointment -I was so expecting one of those fully detached arch. Nonetheless, it is impressive to see up close and particularly from beneath it.

Oh, and that intrepid explorer in right side picture?... that's me, and probably as close as you'll ever see me on this blog.  ;o

Looking up. Thankfully, nothing fell on anyone's head.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I would've thought it would be like a bridge too, but this is quite imposing. Can't SEE you really but it does give perspective at to the size of this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails